New Health & Safety Plan and Updated Business Operations
YOUR SAFETY AND WELLBEING IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
The safety of our guests and team members around the world is a top priority. As the world adjusts to new travel norms and expectations, we're enhancing the experience for you - our hotel guests - by redefining cleanliness and supporting wellbeing throughout your stay. Our Count On Us program is now being expanded with additional COVID-19 protocols and best practices - many of which are already in place - to reflect the advice of the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention and local public health authorities in markets around the world. List below is a summary of our plans, procedures and protocols that outline exactly how we intend to keep our colleagues, guests, and communities safe, outlined by department.
PROPERTY IN GENERAL
We have augmented our health and sanitation protocols across the properties for everyone's safety and peace of mind.
- Employees, guests and visitors are required to wear face coverings while inside the hotel in public areas and while within six feet of anyone else.
- Guests are provided with face coverings as needed.
- Throughout the resorts, social distancing signage and floor decals remind everyone to observe the six -foot rule.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including, but not limited to, front desk check-in counters, lobby tables and chairs, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys and locks, ATMs, escalator and stair handrails, dining surfaces and seating areas.
- All cleaning agents and disinfectant products are EPA-approved and are of the highest efficacy available in the market, including electrostatic sprayers, which are used in all indoor spaces.
- The number of guests permitted in elevators is limited to only family groups or two people maximum.
- Hand sanitizing stations are positioned at the lobby entrances, elevator landings and the restaurant.
- Floor markings show proper social distancing positions in all high traffic areas.
- In public restrooms, the faucets, soap dispensers, and toilets are hands-free. Paper towels are available to dry hands.
We have increased the cleaning and sanitizing schedule of all front desk and lobby areas, with an emphasis on frequently contacted surfaces, and updated procedures for interactions between guests and host staff.
UPDATED HOUSEKEEPING POLICIES
- Only one person per guest party is permitted inside the lobby for check-in to maximize social distancing.
- The Guest Services Agents at the front desk have plexi-glass partitions separating the agent from the guest.
- Guests will receive a PPE pack that contains a mask, hand sanitizer and antiseptic wipes.
- Guest Services Agents will not touch guest identification cards.
- Guest insert the credit card themselves; Guest Services Agent will not touch guest credit cards.
- Front desk counter and pens are immediately sanitized after being touched by a guest.
- Key cards are sanitized before and after each use.
- Guest check-out is express and paperless; all folios are emailed with a paper copy only upon request.
Our housekeeping policies have been modified to support the health and safety of our guests and team members. Housekeeping services will be limited to essential guest needs only.
POOL & FITNESS
- No housekeeping service will be provided during your stay unless upon special request.
- Towels, fresh linens, trash removal and other amenities are available upon request and the guest will be required to leave the room while service is underway.
- After guests check out, each guestroom will be vacant for 24 hours.
- All magazines, literature, and guest compendiums have been removed from the guest room.
- All cups are disposable and pre-wrapped.
- Disposable yet unnoticeable pillow protectors go under the pillowcase to ensure there is no transmission into the stuffing of the pillow.
- Extra pillows and extra blankets have been removed from the closet. These will be available upon request.
- No housekeeper nor maintenance personnel will enter the guestroom while the guest is present in the room.
- In the case of a positive or presumptive positive case of a guest having Covid-19, the guest will be safely escorted off the property. The guest’s room will be removed from service, quarantined, and double-locked. The room will only be returned to service after undergoing an enhanced sanitization protocol performed by a licensed third-party service.
RESTAURANT AND BAR
- The Pool will be closed for the season
- The fitness center is open with a 2- person maximum at a time, sanitizing wipes provided to us on equipment before and after use.
We have a restaurant and bar on property with great service, high quality and delicious food, and refreshing beverages. We are offering to go and room service options.
EMPLOYEE PROTOCALS AND ADMINISTRATIVE AREAS
- Your order will come with a sealable container to conveniently store used food and beverage containers.
- To go orders can be picked up at the hostess stand
- Room service orders will be placed outside your guestroom door.
- With a direct bill to your guestroom, the transaction is contactless.
- You may pick up snacks and other convenience items at the Java Café next to the front desk counter and direct bill these items to your room, the transaction is contactless
Safety starts behind the scenes. We’re taking extra steps in our administrative areas to ensure our team members’ safety and help them carry best practices forward to you. We have implemented these important steps:
- All employees must undergo temperature and symptom checks prior to starting each shift, wash their hands every 60 minutes for 20 seconds, wear face masks and gloves, be trained on Covid-19 protocols, and monitor and enforce social distancing at all times.
- Employee arrival, departure, break and mealtimes are staggered to minimize traffic volume in back of house.
- Employees do not report to work if they are feeling ill.
- Employees are required to report to management if they believe they have been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or if they observe others who may be displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19.